How do I join as a Supporter?
It's easy. Follow these simple steps:
- 1)Click Join Us on the homepage
- 2)Register using Facebook, Google+, or by entering your details and a password
- 3)If you don't register via Facebook or Google+, you'll be send an email address verification email. Simply click on the 'Validate Email' button, and your account is created.
- 4)Now let's set-up your Profile. On the 'Welcome' page, click "i'm Supporter" to be taken to your personal profile page.
- 5)Tell us something about You. Add a photo. Register your payment details.
- 6)You're now ready to start doing what you do best; supporting Creators. Simply find the Creators you want to support, and make a pledge.
- 7)Enjoy that awesome feeling that comes knowing you've just helped make the world that bit prettier.
How do I join as a Creator?
It's easy. Follow these simple steps:
- 1) Click Join Us on the Homepage
- 2) Register using Facebook, Google+, or by entering your details and a password
- 3) If you don't register via Facebook or Google+, you'll be send an email address verification email. Simply click on the 'Validate Email' button, and your account is created.
- 4) Now let's set-up your Profile. One the 'Welcome' page, click Creator to be taken to your personal profile page.
- 5) Tell us what you'd like to be known as; your real name or a pseudonym. Add a photo. Describe yourself. Tell us what you'll be making. Add a few creations to show Supporters what you can do. Add your list of pledge options. Add your payment details so we can pay you when you earn pledges.
- 6) You're now ready to start doing what you do best; making creations. Send an email to all your family & friends and invite them to support you.
- 7) Enjoy that awesome feeling that comes knowing you're one step closer to living your dream.
How do I get paid?
If you're a Creator, you'll get paid like this:
- 1) Set-up your pledge options so Supporters can choose how much they'd like to support you
- 2) Choose whether to get paid each time you post a creation, or each month.
- 3) Payments are collected from Supporters in two ways:
- a) When a Support pledges to support you, they'll automatically have a pledge payment deducted, so they can support you straight up without having to wait for you to post your next creation.
- b) When you post a creation (or at the end of each month), a deduction will automatically be taken from the Supporter's account for their pledge amount plus VAT (if applicable)
- 4) A payment will be made to your nominated bank account. The payment will be total pledges collected less VAT, payment processing fees and make commission (5%). make does everything possible to minimise payment processing fees to ensure you collect as much of the pledges as possible.
- 5) You can view your payment history anytime by clicking Payment History in your profile drop-down menu.
How do I post a creation?
It's so easy:
- 1) Set-up a Creator profile (or log in to your existing profile)
- 2) Click 'Post Creation'
- 3) Post a YouTube or Vimeo video, Soundcloud clip or photo of your creation
- 4) Add a brief description of your creation for your fans
- 5) Decide who can view it; everyone, or just your Supporters
- 6) Tell us which Category your creation fits into
- 7) Tell us whether your Supporters should be charged for your post or not
- 8) Click 'Save' to post your creation to your Profile
Who can join make?
Anyone around the world can join make.
There's a few requirements members need to meet:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You're making creations in your own name, or on behalf of a registered legal entity with which you are affiliated.
- You have an address, bank account, and government-issued ID based in the country that you're creating a project in.
- Your bank account must belong to you for any payments received from make
What should I offer as a pledge reward?
We suggest offering rewards aligned to the types of creations you make; an exclusive video, a personalised song, a special photograph, a painting. You may also wish to consider offering unique experiences; personal phone calls, video messages, studio visits.
The minimum pledge amount is €2
Can I use copyrighted material as part of my project?
No. Don't do it. Don't use music, images, video, or other content that you don't have the rights to. Using copyrighted material is almost always against the law and can lead to expensive lawsuits down the road.
Does make review creations before they're posted?
No, but we do after they're posted, and we reserve the right to remove creations if they're deemed inappropriate, offensive or against the law (including breaches of copyright laws). Keep it clean, dudes.
Can creations be edited after being posted?
Yes, but be careful. If you delete a creation and re-post it, your Supporters may have a second deduction taken from their account. Make does not provide refunds when posts are added, then deleted. Ensure you tick the box to not charge your Supporters in this instance.
How can I restrict access to my creations on make?
It's important to us that Creators have the option to reserve access to their content for certain Supporters. When posting a new creation a Creator can easily select who they would like to view their creations: 'Everyone' or 'Supporters only'. Meaning, only people who are funding the Creator can view that creation.
Should I restrict access to my content outside make?
We would encourage Creators not to get too carried away with trying to hide or restrict access to their content outside of make. Supporters can access SoundCloud, Vimeo or other social media sites depending on how something is posted and trying to restrict this on external sites can cause access problems on make. make is about encouraging fans to support unconditionally rather than it being about 'buying' access to a Creator's material.
If a Creator wants to restrict access to certain video or audio material they are posting so that it is less accessible outside of make, we would recommend uploading it to a YouTube account and setting the video to 'Unlisted'. This link can then be posted as a creation on make and only visible to your Supporters or people who have the direct YouTube link.